This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
A Healthy Greek salad, is it a meal or a side? Well, it can be both! There is enough flavor and ingredients to make it a complete meal or you can dish it out for a simple side salad. The ingredients are made up of fresh produce that can be readily bought at the grocery store. If you serve it with your dinner, you have plenty of vegetables to eat!
This is also a great fresh Greek Dinner Salad! What we mean is that you can add some marinated chicken to make this a complete dinner. The chicken we added to the veggies are a Grilled Greek chicken recipe. You can use any chicken recipe that you and your family like.
- Romaine lettuce- For the crispy crunch that we wanted.
- Creamy Avocado- For that creamy texture and healthy fats.
- Grape tomatoes- We used grape tomatoes and cut them up horizontally, but you can always cut up some larger tomatoes into bigger chunks, if you want.
- English cucumber, or any cucumber- We like the flavor and the texture of the English cucumber skin, seems a little bit softer than a regular cucumber, but again, this is a preference; add what you like. A crisp cucumber gives a great crunch to the salad.
- Red onion- we like the sweetness of the red onion.
- Green bell pepper- This is a staple of a Greek salad.
- Kalamata olives- These tangy kalamata olives give the salad a great umami flavor.
- Feta cheese- A great crumbly, but creamy cheese; also a staple with a Greek salad.
Making the Healthy Greek Salad with Avocado:
To make the healthy Greek salad, start with a bowl and add the lettuce; this will be the bed for the rest of the ingredients.
Next, add all the rest of the ingredients; we like to put everything in a row, but you can just top the lettuce with all of the ingredients that you like.
To the lettuce, we first added the onions, cucumber, then green peppers.
Since there is too much green, we added the cherry tomatoes for color next to the cucumbers, followed by the avocado at the end. This seems to give the salad more color. We have heard that the more colorful vegetables that you eat are better for you, so this is going to be colorful.
Now, add some nice, tangy kalamata olives for some salty umami taste, along with some crumbly feta cheese.
Time to add a little protein to this healthy Greek salad with avocado to make it a meal in itself. We took some chicken breasts, then marinated, grilled, and cut into pieces to garnish.
Now that this healthy Greek salad with avocado is all garnished and pretty, all that is left is serving it with a side of dressing. We used a Greek dressing, basically an oil and vinegar with some Greek ingredients. Serve in a small bowl or a plate, however you like, and drizzle with some of the dressing. Kali Oreksi! That's Greek for Bon Appetite!Print
Healthy Greek Salad with Avocado
- Romain lettuce, cut into bite-size chunks
- Avocado, sliced, sliced
- Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- English cucumber or any cucumber. cut in half or thirds and sliced
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Green bell peppers, sliced into small chunks
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Marinated Chicken, optional
- Greek Dressing on the side
- In a large bowl, add the romaine lettuce, then add the peppers, onion, and cucumber in a row on the bed of lettuce.
- Next add the tomatoes and avocados in rows.
- Add the olives and feta cheese. Finally, add the marinated chicken, if using.
- Serve with some greek dressing and enjoy!