This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Pancakes are a breakfast food, but I think any time is pancake time. When you are working late, or you have many things to do in one day pancakes are a good choice. It is a food that can be put together in no time and your family will love them and they will love you for making them.
I know that most people enjoy their pancakes with gravy and there are many different kinds offered at the supermarket. There is Maple, Blueberry, Strawberry, and Butter Pecan, but did you ever think about gravy.
Our family has always used a simple gravy on pancakes, but I have never seen this combination offered in any restaurant. It is truly a combination that pairs well and is simple to make. Hope you try it.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ T. sugar
- 1 ½ T. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the oil, milk, and egg in another bowl.
- Combine the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk till just combined. It does not have to be real smooth.
- Grease or butter your grill or pan and when it get hot drop your pancake batter onto the hot griddle. When little bubbles come to the surface of the pancake turn them and cook on the other side.
You can make corn pancakes out of these by adding a drained can of corn. These are absolutely delicious.
Pancake gravy is truly a good idea to try. It is different and quite good. Pancake gravy gives your pancakes a savory taste as opposed to a sweet taste. It will give you a new breakfast flavor for your family to enjoy when they're not in the mood for sweet. Hope you give it a try.
- 4 T. margarine or butter
- 4 T. flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 beef cube or brown seasoning packet
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the flour and stir about one minute
- Add the water and beef cube
- Whisk until it is all incorporated
I like to use G Washington Beef packets to my gravy. Have used it for many years and think it is really good.