This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Did you ever want to make ordinary iced tea into a sweet and fruity, yet refreshing iced tea? Then this Berry Agave Simple Syrup is for you! It is everything you would want or need in iced tea. Agave is actually sweeter than sugar so it is still plenty sweet, even with the tartness of the berries and the sourness of the lemon.
Here are the ingredients: water, agave syrup, blueberries ( or any berries that you like), and half a lemon.
These are all of the ingredients in a pan.
When it comes to a boil, you let it simmer for 20 minutes till it looks like this.
Then, pour the syrup into a sieve over a container.
Discard the lemon half, and strain the syrup while mashing the berries thought the sieve. Scraping the bottom of the sieve to preserve the pureed berries.
Now you just need to let it chill.
Here it is in the container, chilled.
Now, just get yourself a glass, and spoon or pour some in a glass.
Pour in some freshly brewed iced tea.
Stir it all up with a spoon and...
Voila! Now you are ready to drink it. Don't forget the straw!
Berry Agave Simple Syrup
- Prep Time: 2 hrs. 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 2 hrs. 10 mins.
- Yield: about 2 ¼ cups 1x
- 1 C. water
- 1 C. agave syrup
- 1 C. fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries etc.)
- ½ lemon, juiced (reserve whole half)
- Wash off the berries and lemon, then dry them off.
- In a medium saucepan, add all of the ingredients, including half of the whole lemon, and cook over medium-high heat. Let come to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the mixture through a sieve, then remove lemon half and strain the berries through it.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Use in iced tea or other drinks.
"Leave a Reply"