This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
When you are in the mood for a delicious salad dressing give this one a try. This Greek salad dressing is loaded with delicious ingredients. It has Greek flavors like oregano, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar.
This is a great healthy dressing to pour over your nice Greek salad or a Greek chicken salad, or any other green salad that you want. It is so simple and easy to put together since it is basically an oil and vinegar dressing. The difference is adding many Greek flavors giving it a slightly tangy flavor.
The ingredients in this dressing recipe are healthy and have great flavor. Extra virgin olive oil is supposed to be a very healthy oil to cook with. The ingredients are so flavorful that you can use it for marinades or adding to roasted potatoes while they cook.
Ingredients for Greek Salad Dressing recipe:
- Red wine vinegar- We like the flavor of red wine vinegar and it is used a lot in Greek cooking.
- Extra virgin olive oil- One of the healthiest oil to eat and used a lot in Greek cooking. If you don't have any you can use any oil that you usually use in salad dressings.
- Lemon juice- Lemon are used in many Greek foods and it gives a nice tanginess to this dressing.
- Minced garlic- We used fresh minced garlic, but you could use a little garlic powder, if you like.
- Lemon zest- Adds a little more lemon flavor.
- Oregano- Used a lot in Greek dishes.
- Dijon mustard- Gives the dressing a great flavor, gives a little spiciness to the mix.
- Onion powder- We added this for a little more flavor.
- Salt- Everything needs a little salt to enhance the flavors.
- Black pepper- Gives the dressing a little peppery taste.
Making the dressing:
Get all of your ingredients ready, then it is a breeze to put together.
Put everything into a bowl and mix it well, till it thickens.
Mix all of the ingredients together till they are fully incorporated and the dressing is slightly thick. You can also put the ingredients in a mason jar and just shake.
When everything is incorporated, pour into a container and keep in the refrigerator.
Serve over a nice Greek salad.Print
Greek Salad Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl or a jar, add all of the ingredients and whisk until all mixed. If using a mason jar, just shake up till it is all mixed and slightly thickened.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.