This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Fall pumpkin donuts are something people are looking forward to this time of year. Everyone is ready for a change from summer fruit to all things pumpkin or apple. These donuts hit the spot! They are baked and packed with a great pumpkin flavor, they take no time to bake, and there is no frying involved. You only have to put the batter into the donut pan and they are done in about 11 minutes. When you take them out, they are soft and have that promised great pumpkin taste!
These fall pumpkin donuts can be dipped hot into a bowl of spicy cinnamon sugar for a great flavor. They can also be dipped into a bowl of icing with some vanilla extract. If you want something a little more rich, add chopped walnuts to the batter before putting it in the donut pans. When they are done, dip or spread with some cream cheese maple icing and top with some more chopped walnuts. The choice is yours!
Ingredients for fall pumpkin donuts:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
Making the pumpkin donuts:
In a bowl, add all of the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set this aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix for about 1 minute; everything should be combined.
Now, add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture.
Now, it is time for you to add the oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk to the pumpkin mixture and mix this until it is all combined. It will take about 1 minute.
Spray the donut pans with cooking spray so the donuts will just drop out of the pans when finished. Fill the wells of the donut pans with the pumpkin mixture. We used a piping bag and cut off the end, but you can use a large round tube as well. If you want, you can also use a zip lock bag with the corner cut off; just fill the bag with the mix and seal. You can always add the mixture with a spoon ,if you want; they all work.
Bake at 350ºF for about 11 minutes. When done, just turn the pans upside down on a tray to cool.
If you are making cinnamon sugar donuts, dip them into the cinnamon sugar mixture while they are still warm.
If you are dipping them or spreading them with icing, wait until they are cool or the icing will run off of the donuts. You can make the icing easier to dip if you need too by adding a tiny bit of milk at a time and mixing it until it is the right consistency.,
We added chopped walnuts to the batter and made pumpkin walnut donuts out of some of them and iced them with cream cheese frosting and topped with some more chopped walnuts.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 15 donuts 1x
- Category: cakes
- Method: Baking
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Walnuts (optional)*
- Cream Cheese (optional)
- Butter (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, brown sugar, and sugar and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Now, add the oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla, and mix until this is all combined.
- To the pumpkin mixture, add the sugars, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla mixture.
- Spray some donut pans with cooking spray.
- Put the pumpkin mixture into a Ziplock bag and cut the end off. Now, in a circular motion, add the pumpkin batter until almost to the top.
- Bake in a 350ºF oven for 11 to 12 minutes.
- When the donuts are done baking, pop them out of the pan right away. Spray the pans again for the rest of the mixture before putting it into the oven.
- When done, turn over on a pan and dump out the donuts.
- While hot, dip the donuts into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then set them on a plate or tray to cool. If making the icing donuts, let them cool before dipping or icing them.
- We added chopped walnuts to some of the donuts with the cream cheese frosting and topped with chopped walnuts.
Making the toppings:
- In a bowl, put 1 cup of sugar and 2 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon. When the donuts are hot, dip them into the cinnamon sugar mix until coated. Then, set aside.
Vanilla icing Recipe:
In a bowl, add 1 ½ teaspoons of confectioners' sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract and mix. Now, add about 2 Tablespoons of milk, and if you need more to make a semi-thick icing add about 1 Tbsp. more.
Cream Cheese Maple Icing:
In a mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and butter, and mix until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat for about 1 minute or until combined and smooth. Now, add the maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice and mix again. If the icing is too thick, add another teaspoon of maple syrup or until the desired consistency to spread on the donuts.
*Add some chopped walnuts and add it to the donut batter.
Keywords: fall pumpkin donuts
Pumpkin Vanilla Cheesecake(Opens in a new browser tab)
Ghostly Pumpkin Cupcakes(Opens in a new browser tab)
Pumpkin Bars(Opens in a new browser tab)
"Leave a Reply"