This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Easy Chai Tea Latte
Wow! an easy to make chai tea latte on a cold day sounds great! Since we live in Florida, a cold day really isn't the issue, but a chai tea latte still is delicious. They are very easy to make and it takes less time than running to your local coffee shop. In fact, there are only 5 ingredients you need to make it.
First, take a cup and put your tea bag in it. Next, fill the cup ¾ of the way full. Let your tea steep for a minute or two depending on how strong you like your chai. we prefer about a minute.
Steep the tea for about one to two minutes, depending on how strong you like your tea. When it is done, you can sweeten your chai tea with some sugar, agave nectar, or honey if you like.
Steam some milk, we use whole milk; it makes the tea a little more creamy than a skim. When it is steamed, just add enough milk to almost reach the top of the cup.
The tea is starting to look good right now, but the extra ingredients make it go over the top in taste and appearance. Looks and tastes just as good as any barista could make.
Now, take a frother and some hot milk and either whip with a hand held frother or use a frothing machine (affiliate). My brother gave me one for a Christmas present and it works great. It comes in handy when you want a quick drink with a nice froth.
Add the frothed milk on top of your chai. Pile on as much as you like.
Next, add creamy goodness with whipped cream; it's really looking good now.
Not done yet, top it off with some cinnamon. Now you are done, although if you take your drink by someone else, they will want you to make them one too.
- 1 chai tea bag
- boiling water
- ⅓ to ⅕ cup of steamed milk and later frothed to the amount you want
- Put a chai tea bag into a nice cup.
- Add enough hot water to fill ¾ of the way in the cup.
- Let it steep for a minute or two, depends on how strong you want it.
- If you like it sweet ,add a little sugar, agave nectar, or honey.
- Add some of the hot milk to the cup to almost fill it and stir with a spoon.
- Add some frothed milk to the top of the steamed milk. Pile it as high as you want.
- Add the whipped cream to the top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.