This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
This recipe is for 2 pies, you can cut it in half if you want one pie.
Pumpkin is a great pie and this is the season for it. It is delicious and a must for Thanksgiving with the rich pumpkin flavor and the spices that are added to the custardy pie.
Making a pumpkin pie is simple with a can of pie all though I think some of you might like to try fresh pumpkin. Did that once and I like the can better, maybe I will try that again some time but for me I think the can of pumpkin is excellent. Make sure though that you use the pureed pumpkin and not the pumpkin pie filling for the base of your pie.
You can make your own pie crust for this or buy premade pie crust in the refrigerated section of your store. Then you only have to prepare your pumpkin pie mixture and pour it into the shell. This pie has a great flavor and you get the added bonus of your kitchen smelling great with the aroma of the spices and pumpkin.
Pumpkin pie, a family recipe
To tell you a little bit about this recipe it has been in our family for ages and it always turns out perfect and everyone seems to love it. It has just enough ginger to not make it taste like soap. I'm sure others have had some recipes that calls for a lot of ginger and to me it tastes a lot like soap, don't know if anyone else has noticed that or just me. I am not talking about fresh ginger but just the dry ginger spice in the can. Anyway, I think this is a great pumpkin pie to serve your family and friends.
Making the pie
First thing was to get all of the ingredients for the pumpkin pie ready since it is an add everything together kind of pie.
Put all ingredients into a mixer and mix together about 2 to 3 minutes. It is pretty quick to mix everything up.
Next add the sugar, just dump it right onto the pumpkin
Next goes the salt, cinnamon, and ginger
Next add the eggs to the pumpkin
Finally add the can of evaporated milk, doesn't matter what percent of milk you use, they all work. Next fill the can up with water and add that to the pie mixture as well.
Mix it in a mixer for about 3 minutes or until everything is incorporated. This doesn't take very long.
This is a two pie recipe so pour into two crusts or use half the mixture and pour into custard cups.
The finished product, they look great
Enjoy a slice with whipped cream, really good
- 4 cups pumpkin, large can
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of water , use the same evaporated milk can
- Turn oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients, pumpkin puree from large can of pumpkin, the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, large evaporated milk, a can of water and 4 large eggs. Mix all of these things together for about 3 minutes. If the pumpkin filling doesn't look completely mixed, whip a little longer. This really doesn't take long to mix.
- when done pour into two pie pans evenly.
- Bake at 4425 for 10 minutes
- Turn down your oven to 350 degrees and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes
- The pie is done when you can stick a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Enjoy the pie
The pie tastes good with whipped cream, can be from a can or fresh.
making the piePrint
To make it easy get all the ingredients together
"Leave a Reply"