This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Old fashioned Banana cream pudding is a great dessert. You don't have to bake it and it only takes a few ingredients to make. You start with a box of vanilla wafers; who doesn't like vanilla wafers? You can use them for the base of your banana pudding, or as pie crust. Next, add some sliced slightly firm bananas, vanilla pudding, box or homemade, then whipped cream. Time depends on how you make your pudding. Easy Peasy!
This can be put together in about 15 minutes, then, you let it chill and top it off with whipped cream and everyone will love it. It is a tasty dessert to serve to friends and family.
- Vanilla wafers—Best cookies for pudding; we used Nilla wafers.
- Bananas—Not too soft when you put them in the pudding.
- Vanilla pudding—Great flavor with the bananas and cookies. You can use a box you cook up; we used our own recipe.
- Whipped cream—Great flavor with the pudding.
- Confectioners' sugar—For sweetness.
Making the Banana Cream Pudding:
Start the pudding by filling the bottom of the bowl with vanilla wafers, because the cookies makes a base to set your bananas on.
It's banana cream pudding, so we must add bananas! So, slice the bananas and top the vanilla wafers with them. You can add as many bananas as you want; we just covered the cookies with the bananas.
Now its time to cover the vanilla wafers and bananas with some delicious vanilla pudding. We made this for a long time with a box of vanilla pudding, and this always made a great pudding for the banana cream. This time we used our own vanilla pudding recipe, really good too.
Top the pudding with some more vanilla wafers and sliced bananas. This gives you more texture in the middle of the pudding.
When the cookies and bananas are arranged cover the vanilla wafers and sliced bananas with some more vanilla pudding. Chill the pudding for about 3 hours before adding the whipped cream on top, because the whipped cream would melt with the hot pudding.
Let the pudding cool before you add the sweetened whipped cream. Chill for at least 3 to 4 hours. When it is chilled you can decorate the whipped cream with a piping bag, if you like, or just spread it on top; either way is great. You can put it in the refrigerator to chill everything, but you can eat it now; really hard to resist!
We just swirled the whipped cream on top for a great presentation.
Also, we decorated with some more sliced bananas.
- Instant pudding— This could be used and you wouldn't have to cook at all; it depends on what you like.
- Cool whip— Can be used instead of whipped cream, but make sure it is thawed out before spreading it on the pudding.
Banana Cream Pudding
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes,
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
Banana Cream Pudding Assembly:
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Vanilla Pudding recipe
- 2 to 3 bananas, sliced
Whipped Cream Recipe:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar, or to taste
- Fill the bottom of a large bowl with vanilla wafers, to cover.
- Top with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Now, add vanilla pudding to cover the cookies and bananas.
- Add another layer of vanilla wafers and sliced bananas.
- Top this layer with more vanilla pudding.
- Chill the pudding for about 3 hours.
- With a stand mixer or a hand mixer, make the whipped cream by whipping the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. The whipped cream should look nice and billowy; don't over mix or it will curdle.
- Top the banana pudding with the whipped cream and decorate with sliced bananas, if you like, and enjoy!
Keywords: Banana cream pudding
Delicious Vanilla Pudding Recipe(Opens in a new browser tab)
Chocolate Pudding in Miniature(Opens in a new browser tab)
Ice Cream Pie(Opens in a new browser tab)
"Leave a Reply"