This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Chocolate pudding has always been a favorite in our house. It is rich and creamy and very chocolaty. Pudding is easy to make from a box; we have made those many times. The extra richness that comes by making your own with a little extra chocolate and a little extra half & half for richness; it worth a little more time in the kitchen. Plus, these miniature pudding shots go great with a fondue for two!
Ingredients for chocolate pudding:
- Whole milk
- Half & half
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
Making the chocolate pudding:
In a saucepan, add the cocoa, salt, sugar, and cornstarch and mix.
Now, add the milk and half & half to the cocoa mixture and whisk. Cook the mixture till it becomes thick.
Take the saucepan off of the burner and add the chocolate chips. Whisk them till all combined.
Now, add the Butter and Vanilla and mix.
Pour into tiny glasses and refrigerate for about two hours.Print
Chocolate Pudding in Miniature
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 14 shot glasses 1x
- Category: pudding
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup half & half
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, add the cocoa, salt, sugar, and cornstarch, then whisk together.
- To the cocoa mix, add the milk and half & half. Cook until the mixture becomes thick, then take off the burner.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until all combined.
- Now, add the vanilla extract and the butter and mix again.
- Pour into serving bowls or shot glasses and chill for about two hours.
- To avoid a skin forming on the pudding, top the pudding with a piece of saran wrap right on the pudding.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate pudding in miniature