This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Ice cream Pie
Ice cream pie is enjoyed no matter what time of year, or what time of the day. There is just something about ice cream that is so enjoyable to eat. When you go to the grocery store there are so many different brands and flavors of ice cream available, it is hard to choose.
Making an ice cream pie
I needed a quick dessert, so I decided to put together an ice cream pie. First, I filled the bottom of a pie pan with vanilla wafers then placed more vanilla wafers around the sides of the pan
Now I put chocolate almond ice cream into the pie pan and filled it halfway up in the pie pan.
Next drizzle chocolate syrup over the ice cream, I put lines of syrup one way on the pie and then the other.
Next, I added plain old vanilla ice cream till it was above the cookies
Then I added more chocolate syrup to the vanilla ice cream and topped it with rows of salted caramel syrup
I topped the whole pie off with toasted chopped pecans.
Then the pie was put into the freezer for about 2 hours, just check and make sure the pie is hardened
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Chocolate almond ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
- Salted caramel syrup
- whipped cream (optional)
- cherry (optional)
- Fill the bottom of a pie pan with vanilla wafers, then put the wafers up the sides of the pan.
- Add chocolate ice cream to almost the top of the cookies on the side
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the ice cream, drizzle one way and then the other.
- Add vanilla ice cream till it covers the cookies.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the pie
- Now drizzle salted caramel syrup over the pie as well
- Now top with toasted pecans
- Put into freezer for at least 2 hours, check that it is hard
- You can decorate with whipped cream and a cherry
I toasted the pecans by putting them on a cookie sheet and then into a 375 degree oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them and stir so they don't burn.
You can use any kind of ice cream that you want and its your choice with the toppings, experiment and enjoy