This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
In the mood for a a taco or perhaps a salad? Why not try both together?
A crispy green salad with all the extras of a taco. There are many times when a salad would be extra good if it had a little more ingredients to add to the salad. A nice salad made from lettuce and the usual carrots, onions, and cucumbers is always tasty, but sometimes you just want something else. The answer is a tasty taco salad with all the added extras of a taco. Really delicious and a definite change of pace from the usual dinner salad. If you like tacos give this salad a try.
Start by browning ground beef in a pan. If there is a lot of grease left in the pan you can discard it.
Now its time to add the taco seasoning to give your meat that taco flavor.
Now just mix the taco seasoning with tomato sauce and ground beef.
Not finished yet, just add lime slices and tortilla chips to the salad.
Finish it off with some spicy ranch dressing in a cute pattern to make your salad look irresistible.
- 1 ½ lbs. of ground beef
- 3 T. taco seasoning mix
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- romaine lettuce
- grape tomatoes
- red onions
- black beans
- Mexican cheese blend
- slices of limes
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 T. taco seasoning mix
- Brown the ground beef in a pan
- Pour off any grease in the pan if there is any
- Add the taco seasoning and the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Put the beef mixture onto a salad of crispy lettuce with some grape tomatoes, red onions chopped, avocado, black beans, cheese.
- Top the meat off with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Garnish with some tortilla chips and slices of lime
- For the salad dressing just add mayonnaise, milk and taco seasoning to a pack of ranch dressing and mix.
- Let chill before you use it.