This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Pork tenderloin with pepper and onions
We don't know about you, but pork tenderloin is one of our favorite meals to prepare. It's delicious and tender and it is something that can be made in a short amount of time. We mean, compared to a lot of roasts that take quite a few hours for the roast to become tender. They come two to a sealed package, but they are not really large. If you have a few people to cook for, you can use one and freeze the other for later.
Not only is the pork very flavorful by itself, but by adding some sautéed peppers and onions, you make your roast even more flavorful! We used two different kinds of bell peppers to add some great color and taste as a side to the pork.
Making the pork tenderloin:
To start the pork, we mixed a flavorful mix of herbs and olive oil
For this part you can use a blender, but we used a small magic bullet. We put the herbs into the container and added the olive oil and then we pureed them all together. Lots of flavor!
The mixture is ready for the pork
Now, we slather the herb mixture on both of the tenderloins, make sure it is completely covered.
It is time to sear the roast.
Place the roast into the oven and cook at 375ºF for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature internal temperature reaches between 145ºF to 160ºF.
Take the meat out of the pan and add a can of beef broth to the pan. Cook until it boils while stirring. This is very flavorful to spoon over the meat.
To add more flavor to the pork, make a delicious pan of onions and peppers. We just add a little oil and a pat or two of butter to a pan and add the onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the onions and peppers before you sear them.
Sauté the sliced onions and peppers in a pan with olive oil and a couple pats of butter, then they are seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 5 leaves of basil
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 (10 oz.) cans beef broth
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for the browning pork and sautéing peppers and onions
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a magic bullet or a food processor, add all of the dry ingredients, then, add the olive oil to the top of the mix. Turn on and pulse until completely blended.
- Rub the mixture onto the two pork roasts.
- In an oiled pan over medium-high heat, put the pork in a sauté pan and brown on all side.
- Once you remove the pork tenderloins from the pan, pour the beef broth in the pan and let come to a boil.
- Place the pan in a 375ºF oven and cook for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145ºF.
- In a pan, put a few tablespoons of olive oil and two pats of butter . When melted, add the peppers and onions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until they are just tender.
- Reheat the broth to spoon over the pork.
- Serve the peppers and onions with the pork, drizzled with the broth .