This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Pork tenderloin is a tender piece of meat that doesn't take long to prepare. Time wise, it is even worth making on a week night. Everyone knows that when you add spices to a dish, they become vey flavorful and that is just what we did to this dish. We used our pork dry rub for the spices and it turned out great.
To make this dish, we used three ingredients:
1. the pork tenderloin itself, just take it out of the Cryovac bag and put onto a board or tray. They always come packed with two tenderloins; you can always freeze one for later use.
2. Some olive oil so the meat doesn't dry out and the spices stick to it.
3. The dry rub, just rub into the oiled meat and it's all ready to cook.
Rub the olive oil over the tenderloin, then rub the spices into the pork
Over medium-high heat, brown the pork in a skillet or cast iron pan. You can even do this in a roasting pan on the stove and then put into the oven. We have done this and it works fine.
After the pork is browned, cover it with tin foil and place in a 350ºF oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take off the tin foil and roast for another 20 minutes. Now, turn the oven temperature up to 375ºF and cook till the internal temperature is 145ºF. When the pork is done, take it out of the pan and let it sit on a cutting board, tented with tin foil for about 10 minutes.
Now to make the gravy! In the pan, take most of the grease off the dripping (it might not have much though). Put it on the burner over medium heat and add 2 Tablespoons of flour and mix with the drippings. Then, add a can of beef broth and bring to a boil while stirring. Pour over the slices of pork and enjoy.Print
Pork Tenderloin with a dry rub
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 Pork tenderloin
- Olive oil, for coating
- 3 Tbsp. pork dry rub
- Take pork tenderloins out of the bag and freeze the other one if one is enough.
- Put a pan on the stove with a little olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, then rub some olive oil onto the tenderloin.
- Rub the dry rub seasoning on the entire pork tenderloin.
- Put the pork tenderloin into the hot pan over medium high heat, and sear the meat on all sides until it is browned.
- Once browned, cover the pan with tin foil and put into a 350ºF oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take off the tin foil and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Now, turn up the temperature to 375ºF and roast for another 10-15 minutes. The internal temperature of the pork should be 145ºF.
- Once done, place the pork on a platter and let it sit with tin foil for 10 minutes.
- Now, take the pan and take off and grease, if there is any.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour over medium heat and mix in the drippings till it boils, then simmer for 1 minute
- Cut the pork into slices and drizzle with the gravy.
"Leave a Reply"