This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Baked Pumpkin pudding has the same great taste as pumpkin pie but without the crust.
We know that the fall is a great time for pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin bars, pumpkin Vanilla cheesecake, or pumpkin cake rolls are some of our favorites. But, sometimes you are in the mood for something quick to make for dessert and this pumpkin pie without the crust is the ideal dessert. Don't need to make the crust.
This is a very easy dessert to make. Just make the same recipe that we do for our pie, but we put the mixture into souffle cups and bake them in a water bath, this is just a baking pan that you add hot water too. The water is filled to ½ way up the souffle cups. You can use any bowls or cups that you can put into the oven to hold the pumpkin mix.
This recipe has great fall flavors with pumpkin puree, make sure you don't use pumpkin pie filling, cinnamon, and ginger. It makes your house smell great. It is also one of those recipes where all you have to do is put all of the ingredients into the mixer at once and beat until smooth. How great are these kinds of recipes.
- Can of pumpkin
- Evaporated milk
Making the pudding
All the ingrdients are ready to go
Very quick to make. All you do is add all of the ingredients and mix until combined.
All of the ingredients are combined and smooth and ready to be put into the pudding cups.
In a baking pan put the pudding cups and fill almost to the top with the pumpkin pudding
When the pudding cups are all filled add hot water before you bake them. It is usually better to add the water when the pan is in the oven so that it is easier to carry to the oven.
The pumpkin is done when the pudding is set and if you stick a toothpick into the center it comes out clean.
Chill the pudding for at least two hours and then serve with a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with some cinnamon.Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Yield: 17 cups 1x
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups of pumpkin puree, large can
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of water, use the same can that had the evaporated milk
- Turn oven to 425 degree
- In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients, pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, eggs, evaporated milk, and a can of water. Mix till incorporated about three minutes.
- Pour mixture into souffle cups or custard cups and set into a baking pan.
- Pour hot water into the baking pan about ½ way up the sides of the souffle cups.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pie is set and the center is just a tiny bit jiggly.
- Place pudding cups onto a cooling rack till cool, then put them into the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours, or until cold.