This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Pork chop chicken
Pork chop chicken is a favorite at our house. Trust us, they will not last. It was called pork chop chicken because Cassie's grandmother made a lot of fried pork chops and everyone loved them. We decided it would taste great as a chicken dish as well, so boneless chicken strips were used since they are popular in our house. These were dipped in fresh bread crumbs which gives it a great taste.
The one problem with this dish comes when you make the chicken and set it on a dish till the rest of the chicken is cooked. It just disappears before you know it, the chicken is that good. No matter how much you make, doubling, tripling a recipe, it is just never enough and never goes to waste.
Pork chop chicken directions:
Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and dredge them in flour that has been seasoned with some salt and pepper. This gives it a nice surface for the egg mixture to adhere to.
Next, dip the chicken pieces into the egg and milk mixture. This will let the bread crumbs stick to the chicken pieces.
Next, dip the chicken piece into the bread crumbs that are also seasoned with some salt and pepper. This gives the chicken more flavor. Chicken needs some seasoning to give it a lot of flavor.
Now, take the chicken pieces and put it into a skillet over medium to medium high heat, depending on your stove or pan. We used a cast iron pan as it holds a lot of heat without having the temperature on very high.
When golden brown, turn the chicken pieces and do the same on the other side. If your family is anything like ours, just keep adding extra oil and butter or margarine to the pan and add another piece of chicken.
Take the chicken out of the pan and put onto a platter or plate until all the chicken is fried. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 15 mins.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 slices of white bread for fresh bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into flat strips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil
- Have 3 separate bowls ready.
- In the first bowl, add some flour, season with salt and pepper.
- In the second bowl, crack the eggs and add the milk; mix till combined.
- Put the bread in the cuisinart or blender and make bread crumbs.
- In the third bowl, add the fresh bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper
- In the large pan, add the butter and oil and cook until melted at about medium-high heat.
- Take the chicken breasts and dredge in the flour, then into the egg mixture and finally dip into the fresh bread crumbs.
- When the oil is hot, put the chicken pieces in the pan and fry till golden brown on one side, then turn over and cook the other side.
- You can cook more chicken like this but just add oil and butter as needed.