This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Game Day Dips- Buffalo chicken and Spinach Queso
When you are getting redy for everyone to enjoy game day you think of all the delicious food that you can serve. You want something that everyone enjoys, that is not very time consuming, and something that will make everyone take notice of what you have ready for them.
After all game day is not only just about the game anymore, the food is just as important. Could you imagine everyone crowded in front of the television and no food to eat. The game would be ruined.
One of the quick snacks for the big day is definitaly dips, surrounded by chips, who doesn't like them, crackers, pretels, anything you want. These two dips are worth serving, they please the buffalo chicken lover as well as the cheesey spinach lover.
These don't take very long to throw together and you will have everyone enjoying the dishes that you made for them.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Since so many people like buffalo wings this is a sure hit for any gathering.
- Cooked chicken
- Tabasco sauce
- cream cheese
- Sour cream Mayonnaise
- Packet ranch dip
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
Making the Buffalo Chicken Dip
In a pan add the shredded chicken and Tabasco sauce and mix together. This gives plenty of flavor to the chicken giving it that buffalo chicken flavor. Then add the cream cheese to give it a rich ceamy texture.
Now for the ranch dip flavor, just mix the ranch dip in the package, sour cream, and mayonnaise together. Once it is all combined put this flavorful mix on the chicken and mix it all together for plenty of flavor.Print
Game day dips- Buffal chicken and Spinach Queso
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup Tabasco sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) packet cream cheese, softened
- ½ packet ranch dip seasoning
- ⅛ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅛ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a pan add the shredded chicken and the hot sauce. Mix all together.
- Add the cream cheese to the pan and stir until it melts into the chicken.
- Mix the ranch dip, mayonnaise, and sour cream.
- Add the ranch mixture to the cream cheese and chicken. Cook until completely heated through.
- Now add the Blue cheese crumbles and the ¾ of the cheddar cheese.
- Mix till thoroughly combined.
- Put into a dish and add the extra ¼ cup of cheddar cheese to the top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Serve with celery sticks, crackers, Tostitos.
Spinach Queso Dip
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese, softened
- Tomatoes, and green chilis. I used roteli
- Pepper jack cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Frozen spinach, drained of water
Making the Spinach Queso Dip
In a pan add olive oil and then the minced garlic. Cook this for just a few minutes to get the flavor of garlic to come alive. Now add the cream cheese and mix until it is all melted and combined with the garlic. The spinach goes next, but you want the spinach to be dry not wet. Just take a thawed box of frozen spinach and press it in a strainer until the liquid is gone. You can also squeeze it in some cheese cloth, works too.
Now throw in the tomatoes and green chilis and mix them around to give this dip a really flavorful taste.
Now its time to add the cheese, not just one, but two kinds for all that delicious cheesy flavor tht is in this dip. Just dump them right on, but keep some of the cheddar for the top.
Not enough cheese add some more to the top for that golden beautiful look.Print
Game day dips- Buffalo Chicken and Spinach Queso
Spinach Queso Dip
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ 15oz. can tomatoes and green chilis
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese for the top
- 1 box frozen spinach, drained
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Add 1 T. olive oil to a pan and heat for about 1 minute
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, just to heat up
- In the pan add the cream cheese and heat until melted
- Now stir in the spinach which has been squeezed of all the water in a strainer
- Add the tomatoes and green chilis and cook till blended into the cheese
- Add the pepper jack cheese and ½ cup of cheddar cheese. Cook until thoroughly mixed
- Mix everything to be combined and pour into an ovenproof dish
- Add the other ¼ cup cheddar cheese to the top and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
Serve with Tostitos, pretzels, and crackers