This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Large Blueberry Tart
This large blueberry tart makes a great presentation for a barbecue or get together. The blueberries look fantastic and the taste is really good. It is a dessert you can smile about when you get the compliments from your guests.
This is really nice with a pie crust but for this tart I used a graham cracker crust. Just the normal crust that takes about 5 minute to make and is always delicious. Just follow the directions on the box. I find a graham cracker crust sometimes is the perfect choice for a pie, little sugar for sweetness, and melted butter to hold everything together, fantastic.
Now to talk about the delicious blueberry filling for this tart. I used two pints of blueberries for the filling that I washed off and took out any stems that are on the berries. Then I add the rest of the ingredients except the butter and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.When it is nice and thick, just add the pat of butter , stir, and let cool for about 20 minutes before putting into your pie crust.
When tart is cool make a ring around it with mounds of fresh whipped cream. Makes the tart even more delicious and very pretty to look at.
This pie won't last long!
- 2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ T. cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ T. lemon juice
- 1 T. butter
- ¼ cup water
- Put the blueberries in a saucepan with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon (optional), lemon juice, and water.
- Bring to a boil and turn down and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When thickened take off of the stove and add the butter, stir until mixed in.
- Let stand in the pan for about 20 minutes so that it is slightly cool.
- Put into your crust and chill for about 3 to 4 hours.
- You can serve with whipped cream.