This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
With all the new crop apples out this time of year, an apple cake was a good choice to make. Everyone in our house loves apples and the added flavor of cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts makes this cake extra tasty. Did we mention that the house smells great when this is in the oven?
The delicious apples give moisture to the cake so it isn't dry. The main problem with this cake is that it doesn't last. People just seem to cut a small slice when they are passing it over the table. This cake is just too irresistible to pass by without taking a piece; A real favorite here.
Ingredients for Apple Bundt Cake:
- baking soda
- oil (used canola)
- pineapple juice
- apple juice
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- white sugar
Preparing the ingredients and set aside:
There are a few things that you do first and set aside. You peel and core three cups of apples, about 3 medium apples, then chop them into small pieces. If it is a little over three cups, that is fine too.
Next, you chop 1 cup of walnuts; this gives good texture to the cake with the soft apples. They work well together.
Next, take ½ cup of water and add ½ cups of raisins and put into a saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook the raisins for about 5 minutes, they should now be nice and plump. Drain the water off of the raisins and set aside.
Mixing the dry ingredients:
Mix all of the dry ingredients together, the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon (A whisk mixes these ingredients up really good), then set aside.
Making the cake:
Now, the setting aside part is finished, on to making the cake batter. In a mixing bowl, add the oil, eggs, pineapple juice, apple juice, and vanilla. Mix for about 2 minutes so that everything is incorporated.
Now, add both sugars and mix again until fully incorporated, about 1 or 2 minutes.
Adding the dry ingredients:
Now, with the mixer on slow, slowly add the dry mixture into the mixing bowl. We say slowly, because the flour can fly out of the mixer and get everywhere. We know this can happen, because we did it!
Time to add the goodies:
Now is the time to use all those reserved goodies for the cake. Add the apples, walnuts, and raisins in the batter and mix them all together. We used a spatula, but a spoon works just as well.
Pour all of this delicious batter mix into a greased and floured bundt pan. We used a cooking spray with flour in it, because it is easy to get flour into every crevice of a bundt pan. You can just grease the pan and add flour though; works just as well.
Baking the cake:
Bake in a 350ºF oven for about 50 minuts or until a tooth pick or cake tester comes out clean. Set it on a rack to cool before adding icing, if you want; tastes good without it as well.
Icing the cake or not:
We iced this cake with brown sugar icing because this is delicious paired with the apple in the cake. You can always use any glaze that you want for extra flavor. If you use the brown sugar icing recipe, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of half & half to thin it out a little. It makes it easier to pour over the cake. Slice it up and you are done; it will get eaten in a flash!Print
Apple Bundt Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hr. 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: cake
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup raisins, plumped up in the water
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped up
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup oil, we used canola
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- Peel and core 3 cups of apples and chop them into small pieces. Set aside.
- Put raisins into ½ cup water and bring to a boil, simmer for about 5 minutes until they plump up. Take out of the water and set aside.
- Chop 1 cup of walnuts. Then, set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together: Flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a mixer, add the oil, eggs, pineapple juice, apple juice, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated, about 2 minutes
- Add the sugars and mix again until everything is well mixed, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until they are all combined.
- Add the apples, raisins, and walnuts and stir them all together with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Then, slice the cake.
Keywords: Apple cake