This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
Chocolate buttercream icing has an intense chocolaty flavor and not too sweet. It is smooth texture which makes it easy to spread or pipe on cake or chocolate cupcakes.
- 3 Cups. confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 Cup. cocoa, sifted
- 1 Cup. unsalted butter, soften
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsps. half and half
- Sift the confectioner's sugar in a mid sized bowl, then measure out 3 cups of it into another mid sized bowl.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the sifted sugar; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until lighter in color.
- Mix in the salt and vanilla.
- At low speed, add the sugar and cocoa to the butter mixture a little at a time until completed mixed.
- Add the half and half, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completed mixed.