This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
I was pretty busy yesterday, and had to come up with something for dinner. I had some chicken breasts in the refrigerator and decided to make dinner out of that. What did I want to make with it!I thought a skillet chicken dinner would work, so I got out my sturdy cast iron pan and proceeded to add some ingredients that I had. The usual onions, garlic, and a little bit of butter, after all who doesn't like butter.
Since it was a soon to be new recipe I added a little bit of this and a little bit of that and shoved it into the oven and hoped for the best. When it was done it was really very good, my new skillet dinner was done. Everyone liked it a lot and it was a quick dinner to make, give it a plus for quickness. Hope you can give it a try.
- 2 T. butter
- 2-3 T. Canola oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 can chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- splash of cream
- In a pan melt the butter with the oil till it is hot, then brown the chicken on both sides. When browned take out of the pan and put on a plate.
- To the oil add the onion, garlic, thyme, and turmeric. Cook for about 3 minutes so the flavor could infuse with the butter mixture.
- To the pan add chicken broth and bring to a boil, then add the chicken back into the pan.
- Cover the pan and put into the oven for 30 minutes.
- When done take chicken out of the pan and add a splash or two of cream to the pan.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
You can use boneless chicken thighs if you have them instead of chicken breasts.
I covered my pan with tin foil and it worked great, didn't have a lid for the cast iron pan, have to get one.
"Leave a Reply"