This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Pot Roast Sandwich with Gravy:
This delicious leftover pot roast sandwich with gravy is a great comfort food. It is a sandwich that is easy to make. Using leftovers is another easy process making it a great weeknight meal.
So, Next time when you make a pot roast, think about an easy meal a few days away. When you get your roast, make sure it is big enough for two meals.
Leftover pot roast- Slice it down or shredded it to top your sandwich.
Bread- White bread or sourdough is the best. Use 2 slices.
Gravy- Adds great flavor and juiciness to the sandwich.
Vegetables- You can round out the sandwich with some leftover vegetables, they're optional, but recommended if you have them.
Mashed potatoes- Use the leftover mashed potatoes. Cook them in a pan till they are hot; you can add a little milk to thin them out.
Salt and pepper-Add a little to your sandwich for some extra seasoning.
Additional tips for leftover Pot Roast:
If you run out of gravy, add tomatoes and mayonnaise to your sandwich for another great sandwich.
How to make the Pot Roast Sandwich:
Heat the pot roast with some of the hot gravy. Now, take 2 slices of bread and top the bread off with as much meat as you want followed with some some vegetables, such as peas, corn, or carrots, if desired. Top with some more of the gravy. Now, top the top piece of bread with some mashed potatoes; we use a large ice cream scoop to plop the mashed potatoes on the bread. Now, cover with more gravy for a delicious sandwich and enjoy!Print
Pot Roast Sandwich with Gravy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: about 6 sandwiches 1x
- Category: sandwich
- Method: heating up
- 12 slices of bread
- Leftover pot roast meat, about 1 ½ pounds
- Mashed potatoes
- Gravy, about 2 cups
- Vegetables, such as peas, corn, or carrots
- Get 2 slices of bread, which can be white or sourdough or whatever kind you like.
- Put the meat into a pan with some of the gravy and heat up.
- Next, place as much meat as you want onto the bread and cover it with a little more gravy.
- Add some vegetables on top of the meat, if you'd like.
- Add the second piece of bread and top it with a scoop of mashed potatoes.
- Cover the sandwich with some more gravy and a little salt and pepper.
- Repeat with the remaining, bread, meat, and vegetables and enjoy!
- If you don't want gravy or potatoes on your sandwich , add tomatoes and mayonnaise instead for another great sandwich.
- Serving size varies depending on how much meat you put on the bread.
Keywords: Pot roast sandwich with gravy
Easy Pot Roast Recipe(Opens in a new browser tab)
"Leave a Reply"