This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Great quick appetizer or snack when you crave a pizza taste.
- 1 (14 oz.) can pizza dough
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- small pepperoni pieces
- 2 tablespoon. marinara sauce, extra for dipping
- Roll out the pizza dough a little until the thickness that you like.
- Mix the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese together in a stand mixer until softened.
- Add the marinara sauce to the cheese mixture and whip till combined.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the rolled out pizza dough.
- Add as many small pepperoni slices as you like.
- Roll up, starting at the long end very tightly, then pinch the edges together.
- Slice the log into 1 inch slices and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in 400ºF oven for about 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve on a large enough plate with a side of extra marinara sauce.
Pinwheel pizzas are a great appetizer to have in your recipes. They are great tasting, just like a slice of pepperoni pizza, only smaller and we would put them in the quick appetizer category. They are made with just five ingredients and take just a few minutes to whip up. The ingredients are simple and probably you keep most of these in your fridge. They are one appetizer that gets eaten right away, you should try making these when you have company or just a great snack when watching tv.
Making the Pinroll Pizzas:
There are only 5 ingredients needed to make these pinwheels.
The ingredients start with a roll of pizza dough which you open, then, using a rolling pin, roll out just a little more so that it is thin enough for a thin crust. We like the thin crust pizza.
Next, put the soften cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese in an electric mixer and mix until smooth soften (you can soften the cream cheese in the microwave if you need to).
Now, add about 2 Tablespoons of marinara sauce to the cheese and mix till incorporated.
Spread the cheese mixture onto the pizza dough till covered.
Add as much small pepperoni slices onto the pizza dough.
Starting at the long end of the pizza dough, tightly roll the dough into a large log. At the end, pinch the dough together so that it doesn't come apart.
Slice the pizza dough into about 1 inch pieces.
Set slices onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 400ºF for about 10 minutes or golden brown.
Here is the finished result. Serve with a bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy as a delightful appetizer!