This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
These meatball mozzarella sliders are the perfect little sandwiches for a weeknight dinner; they are easy and quick to make. They are also a great party food for movie night or a game.
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
It takes seven ingredients to make this flavorful meatball: Ground chuck, fresh breadcrumbs, spaghetti sauce, onions, peppers, eggs, and salt.
Sautéing the peppers and onion:
Melt the butter, then add the peppers and onions. Cook them until they are a little soft; you don't want the vegetables to be hard in the meatballs.
Making the Meatball Mixture:
In a bowl, add all of the ingredients along with the peppers and onions. Mix together until everything is blended.
Make the meatballs into even amounts and roll them into a ball. Put them in a pan that is lined with tin foil for easy cleaning. Put into the oven at 400ºF for 20 minutes.
Assembling the Sliders:
Put the slider buns into a casserole dish. Spread some spaghetti sauce onto the bottom side of the slider bun.
Add one meatball to each slider bun. Next, top them off with some more spaghetti sauce.
Now, top everything off with some mozzarella cheese for that distinct, cheesy flavor.
Now, top it off with the other half of the slider buns.
Almost there, now, just melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes, then, brush the garlic butter mixture onto the slider buns. Now, sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.
Put the sliders into the oven, covered with tin foil for 10 minutes. Then, take off the foil and let cook 5 more minutes or till the cheese melts.Print
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sauteed onions
- ¼ cup sauteed green pepper
- ¾ cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter, then add the peppers and onions. Cook till just tender.
- In a bowl, add the meat, breadcrumbs, garlic salt, eggs, sautéed peppers and onions, and the spaghetti sauce.
- Mix together; hands are best for this. Then, form into meatballs.
- Put the meatball on a foil lined tray for easy cleaning.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or till meat is cooked through.
- Take a slider bun and spread some spaghetti sauce on the bottom bun.
- Add a meatball to the sauce on the bottom bun.
- Add a little more sauce to the top of the meatball.
- Add some mozzarella cheese to the meatball and put the top bun on.
- In a pan melt butter, then add minced garlic and mix.
- Pour the garlic butter onto the top of the meatball sliders
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the top.
- Cover and bake for about 15 minutes or until hot.
"Leave a Reply"