This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Ingredients for Macaroni beef
- elbow macaroni
- ground beef
- rotel, tomatoes and green chili
- Velveeta cheese
This is great weeknight meal to make. We know there are nights when time is not on your side and your family is hungry. This dish is a quick one to make and everyone loves it. There is the meaty flavor of ground beef made a little spicy with a can of tomatoes and green chilis, we used Rotel. I actually throw them in the blender, because not everyone here like little tomato pieces in their food.
The other great flavor you add to this dish is cheese, the kind that melts quickly and coats the beef and noodles with its creamy texture and flavor. Just mix it all together and your meal is done. It's really a satisfying meal, pare it with a salad or sliced tomatoes and your good, meal is done.
Making the Macaroni Beef
First put a pot of water on for the macaroni, we used elbows, but you can use any other kind of pasta that you have on hand. Just add a little salt to the water first before you add your pasta.
Put the ground beef and onions in a skillet and cook until cooked through. When this is done just pour off the fat that has accumulated in the pan, if you use lean ground beef there is never much in the pan.
Now is the time to add the flavor of the tomatoes and green chilis, along with the salt and pepper. This gives it more flavor than just a can of diced tomatoes. When combined add the macaroni to the dish.
The cheese was cut into blocks, before we added it to the beef and macaroni mixture. mixture. This just makes it quicker for the cheese to melt and coat the mixture. All that is left is serve it.
- 3 ½ oz. elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 can Rotel, tomatoes, and green chilis
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- ½ teaspoon. pepper
- Velveeta cheese, in cubes
- Cook the ground beef and onions till cooked through
- Pour off any grease in the pan
- Add Rotel, salt, and pepper to the ground beef. Cook for about 2 minutes or until all combined.
- Stir the macaroni into the ground beef mixture
- Add the Velveeta cheese and mix till all the cheese is melted
- Heat for about 1 minute and serve