This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Lemon-Limeade is a great summer drink when it is hot out and right now, it is in the nineties here in Florida. The lemons and limes both look great right now so we decided to make some.
We find that barbecues, with there spicy hot flavor, is another good time to squeeze those lemons and limes for a great accompaniment to sweeten things up.
Simple syrup is the sweetener for this drink.
Simple syrup doesn't take long to make, just add equal parts of sugar and water and simmer for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Set it aside and let it cool slightly., till the juices are ready to be added to it.
Squeezing the fruit:
Lemon-Limeade requires you to squeeze the juice from the lemons and limes. We think the best way of getting all of the juice is by placing them in the microwave for about 10 to 12 seconds, then putting a little pressure on them and roll on the counter. Once that is done, cut the lemons and limes in half and juice them in your preferred citrus juicer.
Making the drink:
Now it is time to get all the ingredients together, because it doesn't take long to put together since all the work is done. All you need is the juice, simple syrup, and some water. Finish it off with some ice and it is the best summertime drink on a hot day.
For a great presentation, just add some slices of lemons and limes. This way everyone knows what is in the drink. Be careful not to add too many though; it could get too sour 😖. Chill in the refrigerator till cold. Enjoy on a hot afternoon!
- Simple syrup: 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water
- 1 ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 cups water
- sliced lemons and limes
- Make the simple syrup by putting 2 cup of sugar with 2 cup of water and bring to boil at medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for about 6 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a pitcher, add the simple syrup to the lemon juice and lime juice and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the water and mix.
- Add ice to make it cold
- Dump in a few thin slices of lemons and limes
- Chill it in the refrigerator.
I always like to add extra lemon and lime slices to the drink. It makes it look pretty and everyone knows what is in the drink.
"Leave a Reply"