This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Lemon garlic scallops appetizers are a delicious first ourse. The sweet and tender shellfish are a perfect choice when you want something special to go with your meal.
Scallops are always quick and easy to cook which makes them the perfect choice when you are in a hurry. The addition of garlic and lemon just puts the scallops over the top with flavor. This recipe doesn't take long to make and you only need a few ingredients.
In a 6 inch cast iron pan, add some olive oil. Pat your scallops dry and add to the pan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. When they get golden, turn them.
Now, take out the scallops and add olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic to the pan.
Add the scallops back into the pan and garnish with a wedge of lemon. Eat as a small appetizer before your main meal.
Lemon Garlic Scallops Appetizers
A wonderful appetizer before your meal. Easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Total Time: 10 mins.
- 10 oz. sea scallops
- 2 T. olive oil, split 1 Tbsp. in each pan
- salt and pepper
- 2 T. butter, split 1 Tbsp. in each pan
- 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. each pan
- 1 tsp. minced garlic, split ½ tsp. each pan
- In 2 (6 inch cast iron pans) put 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Dry the scallops and split them into 2 pans.
- Cook on medium heat until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Take scallops out of the pans and put 1 Tbsp. of butter into each pan.
- Add 1 tsp. of the lemon juice to each pan.
- Add ½ tsp. of minced into each pan and stir.
- Now, add the scallops back into the pans and serve .
- Add a thin slice of lemon for garnish.
- If using frozen scallops let them thaw out and pat dry.
- These can be made into a full meal and just use any old pan that you have.