This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Ham and cheese sliders with a flavorful spread give these sandwiches a bit of tang. They are a favorite because they are a fast weeknight meal; everyone needs that once in a while.
Sometimes, you make a meal and someone wants something else to eat; we've all been there. The flavorful spread in these ham and cheese sliders are made with honey, mustard, and mayonnaise that make this a favorite for our whole family. They have the same great flavor of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, but in the little slider buns, everything seems more soft and flavorful.
These little darlings are not just great for a fast meal, but they make good party sandwiches. Since they are really a finger sandwich, people like serving them to their guests. We know that most sliders are associated with burgers, but there are always alternatives. Our alternative are these tasty little sliders. The mayonnaise spread give them just the right slightly tangy flavor. We also make sliders using meatballs, which are always a hit.
These sliders can be made to you and your family's liking. We like using shaved ham and piling it on more than just a slice of ham, but you can use whatever ham and however thin or thick you like. For these sliders, we used white American cheese. Again, you can also use cheddar or Swiss; make it with the cheese you like.
- Hamburger slider buns- These little buns make the perfect sandwich
- Mayonnaise- Goes great condiment with ham, it spreads nicely on the bun
- Garlic- Always great with many foods for its tate
- Honey- A little sweetness adds to the flavor. honey, garlic, and mayo make a great spread.
- Chipped Ham- We put the ham on in very thin pieces, because we like ham that way. You can always use regular slice ham if you like.
- White American Cheese-One of our favorite cheeses for sandwiches, but again you can use whatever you prefer.
- Poppy Seed Dressing-Gives the top of the bun a little extra crunch.
Making the ham and cheese sliders with honey mustard mayonnaise:
In a medium-size bow, mix the mayonnaise, garlic, and honey until all combined; this will be the spread for your tasty sliders.
With a serated knife, cut the buns in half, separating the tops from the bottoms. Set the tops aside while you fill the bottom half.
Spread the mayo mixture onto the bottom half of the buns, as much or as little as you want. You can also put the slider buns in the buttered pan first before you add anything to the buns.
Top the buns with shaved ham. You can put as much as you want on the buns.
Now, take a slice of white American cheese on each of the buns, covering the ham.
Put the tops of the buns back on the sandwiches. Put in a dish that you have brushed with some butter, if you haven't already.
Finish by spreading some poppy seed dressing on the top of the buns.
Put them into the oven at 350ºF for about 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned and the cheese is all melty.Print
ham and cheese sliders with honey mustard mayonnaise
- 12 hamburger sliders
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons of yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 12 ounces of shaved ham
- 12 slices of white American cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of poppy seed dressing
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and honey. Then set aside.
- Cut all the slider buns in half and put the bottom half of the buns into a buttered baking dish.
- Take the mayonnaise mixture and spread it on the bottom buns.
- Take the ham and place some on each slider bun in the pan.
- Top the ham off with a slice of cheese on each bun.
- Put the top part of the buns back on the sandwiches.
- Spread some poppy seed dressing on the top of the buns.
- Place them in a 350ºF oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are nice and brown and the cheese is all melty.