This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Easy Decorated Waffle Cones
It's summer time and the weather here in Florida is really hot. It's a good time for ice cream. It really taste good on these easy and quick waffle cones.
The ingredients are really simple. Just buy a box of large waffle cones, some chocolate chips, and some chopped nuts (or sprinkles or pretzels or candies; whatever coating you want) Your family will love these!
Making easy decorated waffle cones:
In a pan, add some chocolate chips, we used semi sweet chocolate chips. Melt them on low heat and stir until perfectly smooth.
Once melted, pour the melted chocolate in a bowl similar to ours. Dip the top and sides of the cone into the chocolate.
Next, with a knife coat the inside of the cone with some more chocolate, can't have enough chocolate!
Now, roll the edge of the chocolate dipped cone into the chopped nuts (or whatever coating you choose) and roll around until coated.
Let them sit on an ice cream cone rack or in some glasses until perfectly dry.
They are now ready to fill with ice cream. Just scoop the flavor of you choice. You can even add some other toppings such as whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry. What a wonderful sight to see! Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Total Time: 20 mins.
- Yield: 6 cones 1x
- 6 large size waffle cones
- Approx. 1 cup chocolate chips, more if needed
- Approx. ¾ cup Chopped nuts*
- Melt approximately 1 cup of chocolate chips in a small pan over medium high heat, stirring until completely melted. Use as many chocolate chips as you need, depending on how many cones you are making. Kind of eye ball the amount.
- Take the waffle cone and dip it into the chocolate mixture to coat the top and part of the sides.
- With a knife spread, more of the chocolate into the inside of the cone.
- Roll the top of the waffle cone dipped in chocolate into the chopped nuts.
- Let the cones sit until they are completely set
- Scoop in some ice cream of your choice and top with more toppings
*You can use any thing you want to make these cones. You can crush pretzels or use colored sprinkles for the outside of the cones. Let your imagination go and put on whatever you like.
"Leave a Reply"