This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
It's peach season now, and the stores are all selling them. They are juicy, sweet, and tasty all in one fruit, what else could you ask for in a small piece of fruit? Can't imagine not wanting to pick up a few of these at the store, since there are so many ways of enjoying them. There is peach ice cream, peach cobbler, peach pie, peach muffins... you could go on and on with ways to cook peaches, not to mention, just eating them as they are.
Now the decision for today since we have a bowl of peaches will be to make a peach pie with a crumble topping. Actually, it is like the crisp topping we use only without the nuts. It is incredible on the soft peaches; the crunchiness of the sugar mixture adds a depth of texture to the pie. Hope you can try it.
Making the pie:
You start off with a bowl of nice, ripe peaches. Just peel them and slice them; it doesn't matter if the slices are thick or thin. Measure out 4 cups and put them in a bowl.
Ingredients for Peach Pie:
A large bowl of peaches, white sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt
Just dump all of the ingredients onto the peaches.
Mix all the ingredients well to coat the peaches.
Use an unbaked pie crust. The pie crust can be homemade, or you can buy a premade pie shell in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Now, add the peach mixture to the pie crust and set aside while you make the crumble topping.
Making the Crumble Topping:
In a large bowl, add the flour, white sugar, salt, and mix together, then top with the softened butter.
Mix the butter into the flour/sugar mixture with a fork or a pastry blender or even your own hands, until it is crumbly.
Now, pour the topping onto the pie for that crisp, crumbly topping; just make sure it is spread evenly across.
Bake at 350ºF for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and some juice is oozing from the pie. Once baked, let the pie cool slightly, then, chill the pie overnight, that way, the pie won't seep out when you cut it.
Once chilled, cut a slice and serve with some cinnamon whipped cream. You can also serve it with ice cream, if you like.Print
Peach Pie with Crumble Topping
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minute
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: pies
- Unbaked Pie crust, homemade or bought
- 4 cups sliced peaches (about 7 peaches)
- ⅔ cups white sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cups butter, slightly softened
- Set aside 1 unbaked pie crust
- Peel and slice up enough peaches to make 4 cups , About 7 large peaches. Then place in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the peach pie ingredients to the peaches, and mix them all together.
- Pour the peach filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Make the topping by mixing all of the ingredients together except the butter.
- Slice the butter into pieces and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix all together with a fork, pastry blender or your hands till it has a crumbly appearance.
- Pour the crumble mixture on top of the peaches and spread it out evenly.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40-45 minutes. Bake till golden brown and juices just start to ooze out of the pie.
- Once done baking, let cool slightly before putting it in the fridge. Chill overnight.
- Once chilled, slice up and serve with cinnamon whipped cream or ice cream.