This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Chipped beef is a dish that my grandmother made and everyone called it "Frizzled Beef", don't know why but it is a really tasty dish.It is a hearty breakfast food that is served on toast and liked by everyone. Sometimes you see it on the menu of some breakfast shops called creamed chipped beef on toast, it is a creamy sauce with pieces of pulled beef swirled around in it. Our recipe is different because we chop the beef up so that it is in little pieces and has more flavor. So I hope you find time to try this dish because it is really good.
Chipped beef on toast for sunday morning breakfast
- 4 T. margarine or butter
- 2 T. flour
- 2 C. milk
- 1 pk. (3 oz.) cured dried beef
- 1 beef cube
- Put dried beef into a Cuisinart or blender and grind until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Melt margarine or butter in a sauce pan, when melted, add flour and mix together
- Add the milk and cook to a boil, then turn down temperature and cook for about 1 min.
- stir in beef cube until dissolved.
- Add the dried beef and stir until incorporated.
- Serve over toast.
We use Carson dried beef and it is a 3 oz. cold package but there are jars of chipped beef that are about the same to use. I have used others and they are good too.
Also if you want a nice lunch, chipped beef over a baked potato is will fit the bill.