This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
This chicken with bowtie pasta is a great weeknight meal. It takes 2 pans to make, so not many dishes, which is a plus for any night.
Chicken with bowtie pasta is a creamy dish made with chicken, for protein, and some chicken broth and cream for flavor and creaminess. We used 1 pound of chicken breast pieces, but you can use less if you want to. We like a lot of chicken in a recipe. This pasta dish is a quick meal to put together and serve with a side salad and your meal is complete.
Ingredients that you will need
- Bowtie pasta
- Canola oil
- Minced garlic
- Chicken broth
- Italian seasoning
- Diced tomatoes
- Corn starch
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
Making the Chicken Pasta:
Cook the pasta about 8 to 12 minutes until tender or the way you like your pasta and set aside.
Take the chicken that have been cut into small pieces and cook till slightly browned and cooked through in some canola oil.
Take the chicken out of the pan and add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, garlic, and tomatoes. Mix this all together and let it come to a boil. Then, lower temperature and let it simmer until the tomatoes become soft, about 5 minutes.
Now, it is time to add the cream to the mixture, when it gets hot, mix the cornstarch with the water and add to the cream mixture. Cook until thick and bubbly.
Add the cooked chicken and cook about 1 to 2 minutes, just to get the chicken pieces hot.
Now, add the pasta into the mix and top it off with some grated parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Baked Fried Chicken with Gravy(Opens in a new browser tab)
Roasted Herb Chicken(Opens in a new browser tab)Print
Chicken with Bowtie Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 mins.
- Yield: 3 sevings 1x
- Category: chicken pasta
- 6 oz. bowtie pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz.) can chicken broth
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced small
- ½ Tablespoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Parmesan cheese, for garnishing
- Cook the pasta in water and cook till tender, about 8 to 12 minutes, then drain.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook till browned and cooked through.
- Take chicken out of the pan and add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and tomatoes. Let come to a boil, turn down to simmer, and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the cream to the mixture.
- Mix the water and cornstarch and add to the pan to thicken, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the pasta and mix.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Grate some cheese on the top of the pasta mix and serve.
We used a full pound of chicken in this recipe because everyone wants chicken around here. You can always use less, depending on how much you want to serve.
Keywords: Bow tie chicken pasta
"Leave a Reply"