This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
A great appetizer for the holidays or a party anytime, simply fantastic!
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Total Time: 1 hr. 10 mins
- 8 oz. cream cheese, soften
- 2 Tbsps. sour cream
- ½ Tbsp. fresh chives
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. fresh thyme
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ -¾ cups pecans, chopped
- Mix the cream cheese till completely soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cheddar cheese until mixed together.
- Now add the cheddar cheese and mix till smooth. Then, form into a ball.
- Set onto a plate of chopped pecans and roll till cheese is covered. You might have to push some of the pecans on the cheese.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Place cheeseball on a serving plate with a cheese knife and serve with crackers and/or bread.
Cheese balls are a must for the holidays. They are made using ingredients almost everyone loves, are we right? Cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, herbs, nuts; those are some of our favorite foods. We know there are cheese balls out there which you can buy at the grocery store and are good, but making your own and adding flavors you like can be incredibly better. You also get the reward of “ooooo that is really good”!
Oh, did we say they are fast to make and ready to serve in just over an hour?Just mix the ingredients together and form into either a cheese ball or a cheese log. The rest of the time is letting it chill.
Cheese ball ingredients:
There are 8 ingredients for this cheese ball.
Let the cream cheese soften up before you use it, it makes your cheese ball come together more easily. Mix it up in a mixer till it is smooth. Then, add the sour cream, chives, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper, and thyme till they are all incorporated with the cream cheese.
When the ingredients are all incorporated, just add the cheddar cheese that has been grated. Mix with the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
Now, form the cheese mixture into a ball and roll in the chopped pecans. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until it’s cold enough for you.
Cheese ball sitting on chopped pecans
Now who is not going to love you when you serve this up at your next party? Serve with a plate of crackers and enjoy it all party long!