This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
We feel that this is the best tuna salad sandwich recipe after trying different ways to make it over the years. It is just simple and good. Tuna salad makes a great lunchtime meal. It is easy to make, it uses only a few ingredients, and you mix them all in one bowl, making clean up easy. Who doesn't love a quick clean-up meal?
What else can you do with your tuna salad after it is made?
Tuna salad can be used to make sandwiches, hot or cold. You can make tuna salad on rye bread, pita bread, hoagie rolls, or any kind of bread that you like. If you want to go for a hot sandwich, there is always the tuna melt. Just add a slice of cheese to your sandwich and cook like a grilled cheese sandwich.
Another way to use your tuna salad is to top your salad with it. Just make a bowl with your nice crisp greens and add a nice thick scoop of tuna salad in the center. You can surround the tuna with some chopped hard boiled eggs and tomatoes. Makes a great meal!
Ingredients for Tuna Salad:
- Canned tuna fish
- Pickle relish
- Red onion
- Hard-boiled eggs, optional
- Tomatoes, optional
- Lettuce, optional
Making a Tuna Salad Sandwich:
To make the best tuna salad sandwich recipe, just drain the water from the tuna and put the tuna into a bowl. With a knife and a fork, chop the tuna up till it is all separated.
To the tuna, add the mayonnaise, relish, and onions, then chop everything together until the tuna is the desired texture that you like. Some people like it chunky and others, like us, like it chopped pretty fine. Both ways are delicious.
Putting our best tuna salad sandwich recipe together:
Choose the bread that you want and lightly toast it. You don't have to toast it, but that is how we like it. Then, put a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of one piece of bread. Now, add slices of hard boiled egg; the mayonnaise helps hold the eggs from falling out of the sandwich. Next, add the tuna salad, as thick as you want. Now, add some sliced tomatoes and crispy lettuce. Top with the other piece of bread and enjoy.
What to serve with your sandwich?
There are several things to serve with your tuna sandwich. Pickle spears is the first thing we think of to sit next to the sandwich. Potato chips gives a great crunch for your meal, potato salad, or even french fries. It's all good!Print
Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
Great sandwich anytime
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 5 to 6 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Sandwiches
- 3 (7 oz.) cans white tuna, in water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 slices of tomato
- bread of your choice
- Squeeze out the water from the cans of tuna and dump them into a medium bowl.
- Chop the tuna with a knife and fork till the consistency of your liking.
- Add the mayonnaise, relish, and onion to the tuna and chop some more till all mixed.
- Toast your bread lightly.
- To one slice of bread, spread on mayonnaise.
- Add as much tuna salad on top of the egg as you want.
- Now, top with tomato, then lettuce. Put the other slice of bread on top and cut it in half
- Serve with pickle spear, chips, potato salad, or even french fries.
Keywords: Tuna salad sandwich
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches(Opens in a new browser tab)
Bacon, Tomato, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich(Opens in a new browser tab)
"Leave a Reply"