This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Baked beans and hot dogs are a filling hot lunch. You can use any can of baked beans that you like, but we think these baked beans are really tasty!
Baked Beans from a Can:
We know it is easy to open up a can of baked beans and it is fast. They are also pretty good, but we have been making these with vegetarian beans for a long time. They have a great flavor since bacon, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar are all added to the beans. You can add as much of the ingredients as you want, if you want them sweeter, add more brown sugar, and ketchup gives them a little more tomato flavor. It is up to you how you like them.
These beans don't take very long to make; the longest thing you do is fry the bacon. After that, it is just adding a few ingredients and letting them cook together till hot. We know it is really quick to open up a can of baked beans, but we like adding crisp bacon to the beans. We can tell when it is the crispness the way we want it. Give this recipe a try and make it to your taste and enjoy!
- Vegetarian baked beans, can
- Brown sugar
- Hot dogs
Making the Baked Beans:
Slice 5 pieces of bacon into small slices and fry them in a pan until they are crispy. Then, take them out of the pan and set aside. Pour all of the extra bacon grease except two teaspoons from the pan.
Add the beans to the pan and mix well until they get nice and hot. Now, for the flavor, add brown sugar for sweetness. Also, some ketchup, and mustard for more flavor and more saucier. When these get mixed up with the beans, it tastes really good. This is the time you can also make it yours.
Once the ingredients have been added, it is time to throw in some of that bacon that you cooked. Save a little bit to sprinkle on the top of the baked beans though.
This is optional: The hot dogs are added to the beans now. Remember, the hot dogs only have to be heated till they are nice and hot. This doesn't take long and your meal or side dish is ready.Print
Doctored up Baked beans from a can
Baked beans with hot dogs make a great lunch for you or the kids.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- 5 slices of bacon
- 2 cans of vegetarian baked beans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- ½ Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 hot dogs, cut into slices, optional
- Slice bacon into pieces and fry in a pan till crisp or how you like it.
- Take the bacon out of the pan and set it aside.
- Pour off the bacon grease and save 2 teaspoons, then put that back into the pan.
- Add the baked beans and heat in the pan.
- Now, add the brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard to the baked beans. Cook till almost boiling
- Add the bacon back into the pan; save a little to top the baked beans.
- Cut up the hot dogs into pieces and add to the beans.
- Serve with some crisp bacon pieces on the top and enjoy.
You can adapt this to your taste by adding or taking away some of the sugar, ketchup, or mustard.
Keywords: Baked beans
"Leave a Reply"