This post contains affiliate links. Click on the link to see our disclosure here.
Apple cookies are one of our favorite cookies. The apple flavor is good and the spices of cinnamon and nutmeg make them exceptional. To put the flavor over the top, we like to add a delicious vanilla glaze to coat them. Really good, they also make your house smell nice when they are baking.
All great ingredients for a spicy apple cookie.
Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
Add egg and apple juice into the sugar mix.
Add the flour and spices to the mixture.
Stir in the chopped apples.
Add the chopped walnuts for the crunch.
Cookies look great!
Make the vanilla glaze for apple cookies.
Mix all of the ingredients together.
Glaze the apple cookies while on a rack with a pan underneath to catch the drippings.
- ¾ cups butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apples, chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 T vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until mixed together.
- Add the egg and apple juice and mix until just incorporated.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and just mix till combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples. When mixed, stir in the chopped walnuts. Set mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, then drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the cookies are done, make the glaze by mixing the melted butter with the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- When cool, drizzle vanilla glaze over the top and let set, will set quicker in the refrigerator.